Thursday, December 2, 2010

Response to Kim Alvarez

Thanksgiving recently passed, and I found a great quote from Kim's Alvarez's blog. It simply said,

"I have a lot to be thankful for."
      This made me think about what I have to be thankful for in my life. Even though Thanksgiving is over, I think people should give thanks everyday and be glad that they're not in a tough situation. The world has billions of people, some rich, some poor, theres lots of things to be thankful for. There are also a lot of people in the world that are spoiled and think that there's nothing worth being thankful for. I am not one of those people. There are way too many things that I'm thankful for, but the top three consist of my family, friends, and having an education.
       My family, especially my parents, have given up a lot to come to the U.S. so I could have a better life.  They gave up friends, money, time, and their home country to get here. They have helped me through all my struggles, encouraged me and also criticized me so that I could improve. I'm thankful that I still have both my parents alive, and together. Most of my friends' parents are separated, and some are no longer with them. It's very sad.
      I'm thankful for having awesome friends that I can go to when I need help. I treat my friends as if they were my brothers and sisters. I'm thankful that I always have someone to talk to and listen to me. My friends also teach me new things and help me with my problems. Some of my friends are so close to me that they'd take a bullet, any day. I'm thankful that I have friends like that.
      Without education I would probably be selling drugs, and getting drunk. An education gives me hope for having a good future and a job. I'm thankful that I have a school to go to, with the best teachers I've ever had.  Having and education is really important to me. I'm thankful, for everything, YOU should be thankful too.

1 comment:

  1. Testify! I just read Andy's response to Kim's post, which is equally moving. You should check it out. (Hint: he's in 5th period)

    ReplyDelete