Monday, November 15, 2010

Kite Runner: Reflection on The Ending.

      After reading Kite Runner, I've really gotten some insight on current events happening in Afghanistan and how the people there are living in poverty. The story of Amir and Hassan really made me think outside of the box, on how F***ed up the world really is. I also felt a connection with the characters, like I knew them just as well as I knew my friends.
      Even though Kite Runner is fiction, it greatly describes whats happening in Afghanistan today. Lots of innocent people are dying. When Hassan and his most of his family were murdered in the book I felt really sad. Why would the Taliban fight for the people and then just go on a killing spree. It doesn't make much sense. This book really ties into politics and how Bush made excuses to invade Afghanistan for oil or maybe WMD. So if the people in Afghanistan are already suffering, why would the U.S government go and make them suffer more rather than help them. This book has really been crazy though.
      The conflict that Houseini created about Amir and Hassan made me think about all the crime in the world that never really gets talked about. Things like rape, human trafficking, torture, and cons happen everyday, but most people are too busy with their own lives to learn or maybe help with these things. While you're laying in your comfy bed playing on that new iPod you just bought a seven year old girl might be locked up in a dirty basement trying to find a way out.
      In the beginning of the book my feelings of Amir, was that he was just a coward and couldn't stand up for himself, but now that I've read the whole book, my feelings toward him are better. When I finished the book I felt that Amir has really redeemed himself and deserves a pat on the back. Risking his life and all that he worked for to go save Hassan's son, Soharab, really takes some guts. I felt connected to him, because I felt as if I was there watching him grow and become a man.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment